The World Keeps Turning...


Thursday, July 22, 2010

Why did we give up our summer?

As you may have figured out, we'll be in Buenos Aires during their winter. And apparently, thanks to my grandmother, I now know they are having an usually cold winter. Hmmmm...

So, here's a few things that cross my mind about this:
  1. No clothes for Connor= lighter suitcase. We don't have winter clothes in Connor's size. And the stores don't have any to sell. Looks like a light suitcase for him, and he'll come back sporting the latest porteƱo attire. :)
  2. No summer= no urge to buy cute summer dresses. By this time, I'm usually looking for a nice summer dress to buy. But with only 7 days to go--why bother? Ca-ching! Just saved mega moolah. :)
  3. Hope I guess right. I mean, I have no idea if I should really pack a heavy coat, or just trust if I really need one, I can get one down there. Should I bring a pair of ankle boots that are really warm and cozy--even if they take up a lot of space?
The real story is that we gave up our summer so that we could take class with two tango instructors we really like. Juan y Sol are fabulous. Fun, sweet, and not at all bothered by Connor running around while we take a lesson. ;) They tour internationally and they start their travels again in September. Thence, our trip in August.

Juan and Sol are such good tango teachers, we planned our travel schedule around their availability. When they told us they were gone in September, we decided to visit B.A. in August.

Check out their website: http://www.tangokultura.com.ar/.

They travel worldwide and any class you take with them is definitely worth the tuition.
:)))

No comments:

Post a Comment