The World Keeps Turning...


Monday, July 12, 2010

Packing

Why is it that Alan can pack for a trip so easily and I sit here and make lists for weeks, try on my entire closet (twice), and still be up late packing my suitcase?

Well, if Alan's taught me anything, it's that how you fold your clothes is critical. I've learned the best way to fold my fitted shirts, pants, and where to stuff my shoes.

Speaking of shoes, this trip will have lots of them. There's the gorgeous tango shoes, of course. Then there's the practice tango shoes. And my ballet and jazz shoes (which, if I'm smart, will be the same pair of shoes). Then there's the walk-around-town-all-day shoes. And then, should I bring a nice pair of shoes? And do I bring sneakers? Is my walk-around-town pair of shoes sneakers? Maybe, if I can find black ones... I think a trip to Norstrom is in order to that one figured out.

At least one thing I won't have to pack is a ton of eye stuff. Before my lasik surgery, I'd be carrying the solution, a couple pairs of contacts, the cases, glasses, and the special protein cleaning drops and stuff. Now, all that is unnecessary! Yipee!!


No comments:

Post a Comment