The World Keeps Turning...


Friday, September 21, 2012

Surprise! Happy 50th Birthday, Alan

For Alan's 50th, I decided to throw him a surprise party with all the family invited.  It's amazing, when we have a family party in Oregon, and they all come (including Ronan), there's 7 people.  When we throw a party in Dublin, and invite all the family, there's a guest list of 30.

After contemplating renting a fancy venue, I decided that throwing the party at home was better.  With the kids running around, and Connor's toys and Ronan's crib nearby, it seemed the best option.  So I didn't have to cook for everyone, I hired the same caterers who served us at Ronan's Christening.  Ahhh, now I could relax and enjoy the party.  :)

I had told Alan we were going out for a special Tango night, but David wanted to take him out in the afternoon first.  David would be bringing him back home so we could then go out.  So Alan was completely surprised when he got home to see everyone there.  First thing he said was, "I guess we're not going out tonight.  ;)"

































It was a great party and fun to have a full house!

No comments:

Post a Comment