The World Keeps Turning...


Friday, May 13, 2011

Big Brother's Big Day

Well, it was Ronan's first outing, but the day really belonged to Connor.
:)

Last Wednesday night he asked us, "Can we bring the baby to school so I can show Miss Clancy (his teacher)?" It was adorable! He wanted to show everyone in the school his little brother, and of course, I was more than happy to oblige.

Thursday morning came, and he was so excited and cooperative. I explained that when you go out with the baby, getting ready takes lots of extra time, and he had to do some things by himself while I get Ronan ready. (Back home, Connor would do lots of things by himself, but since this big transition he's wanted company and help most of the time.) He was more than happy to oblige and proceeded to eat his breakfast by himself and get his shoes on alone on the stairs. I went up to take care of Ronan, who was sleeping soundly through all this. (Alan was sleeping, too, but heard us and asked if we were leaving.) I managed to get Ronan into his carseat/stroller without him waking, and with Connor all set, we were off.

Connor wanted to help carry Ronan's stoller down the steps and push the stroller down the driveway, and along the street. Oh he was beaming! Absolutely beaming!!

"Am I being a good big brother?" He asked me. "Yes," I told him. And he exclaimed, "I'm so proud of myself!"

We had just made it to the end of the block, when I turned and saw Alan! He had gotten ready in 5 minutes flat and caught up to us. It was wonderful!! "I wouldn't have missed this, " he confided.

Connor continued to push Ronan down the street, taking extra care to put the stroller's brakes on when we had to wait to cross the street. And the smile on his face was so marvelous. My favorite moment came when Connor exclaimed, "I feel like I could explode with happiness!"


Getting ready.

Connor, who detests being "put on the spot", posed and asked to be photographed with Ronan.

So happy!

"Daddy, we're so happy you could join us!"

So excited to show off his brother to his teacher and classmates!

1 comment: