The World Keeps Turning...


Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Connor the Foodie

I think it's official: we're now a Foodie Family.

Connor has been more and more interested in cooking. I think it all started with the movie, Ratatouille. This year, we bought a children's cookbook written by Annabel Karmel. She's very popular over here, and I admit, her recipes have been fabulous. She has several books for children, including several for weening. I've used her guidance for weening Ronan and now her My Favorite Recipes book is bringing Connor and I together in the kitchen.

(Just recently, Connor took pictures of all the recipes he wants to make from the book. When he asked me if we could make them all, I said, "Yes, we'll make them all by the time you're seven years old." Good tactic, I thought. Plus, it'll be fun!)


So far, we've made Banana Bites, Chicken Dippers, Fruit Kebabs with Mango Dip, and Sticky Finger Chicken. These photos were taken during October. That month, Alan got us a gorgeous leg of lamb. I looked up a recipe for Greek-inspired leg of lamb and potatoes. The secret ingredient was orange juice! I followed it and Wow, was it fabulous!!!! I was so proud of myself, I took a picture.



Just as we started making our banana bites, Uncle David stopped by!





I love how happy Connor looks with himself in this picture.

This is our prep station for crunchy chicken fingers. They get their crunch from coating them in potato chips! Connor was so happy we got to make a dinner with "crisps!"


My famous Greek Leg of Lamb. Mmmmm!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment